Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Reminder: HSNY Consultation Service

The Horticultural Society of New York enhances our City's environmental and cultural life by providing unique educational, vocational, and therapeutic outreach programs, library resources, and art exhibitions.

Every week I field quite a spread of horticultural emails and phone calls that come in to HSNY. Just this day alone I have received questions about citrus and where to find them, some houseplant concerns from the Upper West Side, not to mention I'm still talking turf grass with my newfound friend in Brooklyn. Most of the time I have an answer, or can come up with one by the end of our conversation, but sometimes it's simply not that easy.
That is why, as part of our being a horticultural resource city-wide, I wanted to remind the general public that HSNY does offer private consultation services. As a trained horticulturist, and aided by our unique and vast horticultural HSNY Library, I can come to your home or place of work and we can discuss any number of horticultural questions you might be seeking answers to. I have consulted on everything from small interiors in Manhattan to large backyards in Brooklyn. Equipped with a clipboard, bag of basic tools, and perhaps even a reference book or two, we can discuss your wants and needs, your fears and desires, and how to best move forward. There was a wonderful article in the Times some months ago about "Garden Coaches" and I suppose that's exactly what I am. My love and mission is to make this a greener and healthier city. By educating, empowering, and motivating people throughout this entire city to beautify their worlds, we as a cooperative whole make this city and our lives better. It's that simple, and time is of the essence.
If you have the need for a trained horticulturist to educate or empower you on a specific project or area you would like to renovate, remember that you can always call on HSNY. Consultations are available throughout the five boroughs. I can speak with you about rates, HSNY Member discounts, as well as availability. Don't hesitate to call or email today. Contact Alex Feleppa, Director of Horticulture, The Horticultural Society of New York, (212) 757-0915 ext.115 or afeleppa@hsny.org

No comments:

Post a Comment