Friday, January 25, 2008

Using the HSNY Library

(The HSNY Library has a number of visual and written publications on a wide range of horticultural subject matter such as this illustration from Orchids from Curtis's Botanical Magazine, Edited by Samuel Sprunger)

Question:
I am a journalist writing a story on the orchids of the Yucatan for the AOS. I wonder if I can come down to the HS to use the library for my research. I am especially looking for Eric Hagsater's Orchids of Mexico or similiar volumes.

Answer:
Yes, you should absolutely come down to the HSNY Library and let us help you. A horticultural library with over 10,000 volumes open to the public M-F from 10-6, the HSNY Library is intended to be a resource for everyone here in the city. I can't say off the top of my head whether we have Eric Hagsater's book, but I am sure that Katherine Powis, HSNY librarian, will be more than happy to help find you references that will be of aid your research. Katherine is usually in from Monday to Thursday and I am usually in the office every day of the week. To borrow books you must be an HSNY member and we can discuss that in greater detail when you visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment